Monday, March 14, 2022

Wine Review - Rickshaw Pinot Noir

 Name: Rickshaw Pinot Noir 2019

Variety: 100% Pinot Noir

Region: Sonoma County
Country: USA
Year: 2019
Price: $11.99

Winery review: The 2019 RICKSHAW Pinot Noir is bold yet delicate with rich black cherry notes, cola and a hint of vanilla and baking spices. A persistent core of juicy, ripe fruit is balanced by bright acidity. Endlessley energetic, the pinot is the ultimate versatile wine that works well as an aperitif for pairing with king salmon or skirt steak with chimichurri.


Wine Folly: pg. 502 Pinot Noir - This specific wine is known for its spice flavors and softer tannins and makes it a great food pairing wine. Although I did not pair this wine with any dishes, I would definitely try to pair it with beef or veal next time if I do have this wine again. It is also known for its berry flavors which was definitely present when I had tasted this wine. I did not decant the wine, but I definitely need to purchase a decanter soon as I would like to try it out.
My review: Overall, I did enjoy this wine even though I am not the largest fan of reds as I mentioned before. I think I am starting to like reds more with each time I do taste them. Although I did have this wine the same night I had the San Carlos Cabernet Franc, I gave it about a 30 minute time in-between both wines, there were no issues with the wines clashing. I did not have any food with this wine. The wine itself was definitely very fruity and tasted great. I really enjoyed drinking this wine and look to pair it with a food in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Review - Rickshaw Pinot Noir

  Name:  Rickshaw Pinot Noir 2019 Variety:  100% Pinot Noir Region:  Sonoma County Country:  USA Year:  2019 Price:  $11.99 Winery review:  ...