Monday, March 14, 2022

Wine Tasting - San Carlos Cabernet Franc

 Name: San Carlos Cabernet Franc


Variety: 100% Cabernet Franc
Region: Mendoza Argentina
Country: Argentina
Year: 2018
Price: $11.99

Winery review: Family vintners for over 100 years, the Catenas are recognized for their pioneering role in high-altitude viticulture in Argentina. This Cabernet Franc is sourced from the family´s historic vineyards in San Carlos. Here, the sandy-loam soils and mountainous climate yield a wine with concentrated ripe red berries, a touch of eucalyptus and black pepper, robust tannins and smooth lengthy finish.



Wine Folly: pg. 300 Cabernet Franc - The Cabernet Franc had hints of berries within the sips that I had initially had taken, which does fall in line with the flavors that are present in Wine Folly. There are also herbal flavors that are present within the wine, which the wine maker does touch on with the eucalyptus present in the wine.
My review: When I first purchased this wine, I was expecting to not be a large fan of it, but it completely proved me wrong. I am usually one to be very picky with the reds that I do purchase, but this was not the instance. I really tasted the berries flavor that were present in the wine, but I also tastes notes of pepper as well which I did not fully expect for myself to notice as I thought it would be more subtle. I did not manage to decant the wine for 30 minutes, but I did have it at room temperature as dictated in the Wine Folly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wine Review - Rickshaw Pinot Noir

  Name:  Rickshaw Pinot Noir 2019 Variety:  100% Pinot Noir Region:  Sonoma County Country:  USA Year:  2019 Price:  $11.99 Winery review:  ...